Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Anime Films that have been in Development Hell for years...

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Walkurefan45, May 26, 2017.

1. First off, let me start by saying that people in this country are philistines. They wouldn't know a good thing if it fell out of the sky, landed on their faces, and started to wiggle. Case in point: These awesome nods to historical anime that have been made, but probably will never see release over here, because there's "No market for them"...

1. T28, the long awaited "Gigantor" CG anime. This is the granddaddy of every giant mech out there, bar NONE. I don't care if you think Gundam is slicker, if it wasn't for Tetsujin-28 there wouldn't be Gundam.

2. Super Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - This was a film I was actually looking forward to seeing. The trailer looks awesome.

3. There was even a Live-Action/CGI Giant mecha film in the works, "Gaiking". Take a look.

All this material going to waste, just because hollywood wants to whitewash and dumb down our anime, making half-assed live-action versions.... And all the examples I posted here today were made in Japan, not by some hack studio in L.A... They'll be available over there, but won't see release here for years. It's been 5 years since most of the films up there were made already... Not even a squeak about a single DVD or Blu-Ray getting released here...

• Like Like x 1