Anime That Hit you Straight in the Nostalgia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vitamyn, November 23, 2014.

1. #1 Vitamyn, November 23, 2014
    Last edited: December 17, 2014
    Ever re-watch or stumble upon anime you've seen in the past and get slapped with some crazy nostalgia? Anime that you just love no matter how old you and it get? Share them!

I recently decided to re-watch all of the .Hack series and started with .Hack//SIGN just to get it out of the way and Jesus did it hit home, even after about a good 10+ years. T-T

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! I watched all of yugioh as kid long ago, and watched the whole thing again like less than a year ago. Watching that gave me a lot of good old memories where I couldn't help but smile. DBZ isn't one since I watch it all the time so. :-)

3. #3 Fruit, November 24, 2014
    Last edited: November 24, 2014
    I watched Evangelion for the 6th time I think and man, is it ever old. I remember watching this anime when I was little. When i was that young, I hardly knew what the anime was talking about. I had to re-watch it 3 times to get a sort of understanding. 7-8 years later, re-watched it, everything made sense to me now. It really does bring back memories of when I use to not be able to comprehend religion/destiny/fate. (Being Evangelion was sort of
    based on jewish/Hebrew religion with Lilith and tree of life, and how the world/Mankind was fated to go into a state of rebirth.
    )

4. Oh man, you guys make me feel old. For me it would be Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman. If you haven't seen any of the Gatchaman, you should check em out. So very cheesy, but in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DBZ, Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop... The list goes on, but those are absolute love :heart:

6. I'm almost done Re-watching Rurouni Kenshin and I got to say after more then a decade that anime still holds up as being one of the best on my list of 90's nostalgia.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lucky star is something i feel cozy watching :heart:

8. The wife never saw Kenshin nor Trigun. Got to watch those again 8)

9. any of those "world masterpiece theater" shows will have a special place in my heart

10. Evangelion always hits me hard. I've seen it quite a few times now. It's the very first anime that I watched from start to finish

11. For me it would have to be Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings :-)

12. Doraemon and DBZ those were my childhood shows. I still watch them

• Like Like x 1
  13. lol DBZ is (mostly) everyones childhood show lol
    you just gotta love it,
    (despite the sub-par graphics and simplistic plot),
    it remains one of my all-time favorites as well
    :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  14. i prefer digimon adventure bring back my memories*_*

15. I know I said Sengoku Basara, but on further refection I think Pokemon was my first anime.

And yes, it brings back plenty of nostalgia lol XD

16. Sailor moon and fruits basket :-) oh and ranma1\2

17. Mine is full metal alchemist! Watched it the 7 time but still can't get enough of it. Lovely and enthusiastic

18. Most of my current archive is total 80s anime nostalgia...

19. OMG YES SAME!!!!! AH, THE MEMORIES!!! :'-(:inlove:

20. Beyblade :')
    and ofcourse DBZ