Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Fall 2016 Anime Preview & Watch List

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, September 23, 2016.

1. #1 John, September 23, 2016
    Last edited: December 31, 2016
    I will be completely honest, I hate it when the summer ends. It usually means that my good traffic on the way to work turns to bad. It also means that the school bus sightings increase and that snow isn't too far behind. The kind folks over at Random Curiosity have posted their Fall 2016 Preview and I dived right in. Anime never seems to disappoint me in the fall, at least, up until now...

Color Legend:
    • Must Watch
    • Solid
    • On the Fence
    • Dropped
    Anime Watch List:
    • Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+! (Sun): Completed
    • Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season: Completed
    • Drifters (Fri): Completed
    Returning Anime:
    • Dragon Ball Super: Continued in Winter 2017
    • Sousei no Onmyouji: Continued in Winter 2017
    Not going lie, I'm SUPER disappointed in this season. I made a few stretches in selection because it was so light on what I wanted to see. I guess the winter will have to save me once this season is over, but still. Not sure how you guys feel about it, but I love a good ROMCOM. I see none of that in this season.

2. I think the drifter will be anime of the season too, I read the manga and it was very funny :D

and yeah i disappointed too about anime in this season, it's not like summer with all good anime to watch like re:zero, amaama to inazuma, shokugeki no souma etc.
    but I'm still looking forward to it!

3. One Word - Keijo

4. Pardon me Crystal sempai, but who is Keijo? :confused:

5. #5 Crystal, September 27, 2016
    Last edited: September 27, 2016

Keijo!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Never been this hyped for an anime in awhile so yeah also the manga is amazing :v
    It's basically Shokugeki No Souma but with Boobs/Ass the writing is great (manga atleast)

6. I thought about this, but I like the male involvement in anime like this. So it probably wouldn't be something I'd watch lol.

7. Thank you very much :D I appreciate the answer :-)

8. There are males but their roles are minor and comedy relief generally lol
    EDIT: they also build/do engineering for the platforms the girls fight on generally

• Drifters - (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Samurai, Seinen)
    • Sousei no Onmyouji - (Action,Comedy, Romance, Shounen ,Supernatural)
    • Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season - (Mystery, Seinen, Supernatural)
    • Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou vs Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou - (Comedy, Drama, School, Shounen, Sports)
    • Days - (School, Shounen, Sports)
    • Keijo!!! - (Ecchi, Shounen, Sports)
    • WWW.Working!! - (Comedy, Slice of Life)
    • All Out!! - (School, Seinen, Sports)
    • Shuumatsu no Izetta - (Action, Historical, Military)
    • 3-gatsu no Lion - (Drama, Game, Seinen, Slice of Life)
    All them sports animes yo

9. I should really start watching Bungou Stray Dogs.

10. There's also this one called Bunduki Buranki

11. #12 Thyrage, November 9, 2016
    Last edited: November 13, 2016
    So, Don't let the name fool you.
    Magical Girl Raising Project - When you first look at the name a lot of people believe it'd be a super happy anime just about little girls with powers saving the world. It's not. This anime, as it further progresses into the season, turns into a gory, horror, fight to the death, and my god; do i love it. :-)

EDIT: Watched another episode, and it just gets more brutal.

12. omg drifters, I'm such a sucker for that whole "historical people doing shenanigans" type of stories

13. I'm loving the Drifters so far, a perfect combo of humor and "goreish reality" lol, plus I like historical fiction in general :-)

14. That's a cool list!!