Grisaia no Kajitsu

Discussion in 'Visual Novels' started by Crystal, July 28, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    Description
    Mihama Academy - on the surface, a closed learning environment established to nurture students who find themselves at odds with the world around them; in actuality, an orchard-cum-prison built to preserve fruit that has fallen too far from its tree.
    Whatever the circumstances behind its establishment, Mihama Academy is at present home to five female students, all with their own reasons for "enrollment." For better or worse, each girl has established a routine obliging of her current situation; life moves at an idle, yet accommodating pace within the walls of Mihama.

Yet with the arrival of the institute's first male student, the nearly preposterously opaque Kazami Yuuji, the students at Mihama begin to fall out of step with their predetermined rhythms. Will Yuuji prove to be the element the girls around him needed to take hold of their lives once more, or will the weight of their pasts prove too steep a wall to overcome?

And in the first place, just who is Kazami Yuuji? While the true nature of the "job" he is wont to alight to at the most haphazard of moments remains shrouded in secrecy, one thing is for certain - his encroachment upon the quiet orchard known as Mihama Academy will prove itself momentous in one way or another. And of course, one cannot discount the possibility that perhaps Yuuji himself carries the weightiest past of any of the students...

This just finished translation recently, and i must say it is really good (i just started, and im loving it, both art,characters, and story are progressing great)

http://fuwanovel.org/novels/64
    (Torrent + Patch are all on the page)

The game is a trilogy (but only the first one is translated), and id reccomend to anyone whos an eroge fan, the rating is pretty high 8.64 on vndb.com (is quite high.)

Best part is this anime has been greenlit for an anime adaptation sometime in the future.

2. Well, I tried it out by going through the Michiru route and I loved it. It pulls on your heartstrings, most of the character's personalities are unique (IMO), and I personally loved the artwork. I am looking forward to the anime adaption as well. Thanks as always for the rec. Crystal :heart:

3. 50 hour length of this. I think im going to pass out reading this every night....
    Already stayed up 2 hours pass to when I usually go to sleep :sleepy:

4. The beginning was absolutely dreadful. I only kept playing because I had nothing else to do.

Things have sort of gotten a bit better. I'm only 2 hours or so in. I cannot stand Amane and her open sexuality. I'm always saying I'm against lewd things, but that disapproval is more so for public display rather than private display of such things. I can't really say I was expecting much, though: It's a VN, they're always lewd desu.

My favourite so far is either Michiru or Sachi, but I really am not far at all. My opinions on the MC are mixed. He comes across as a wannabe Sasuke Uchiha or any other shounen shit "badass" at times, and pretty witty and slick at other times. Hopefully he'll be a bit more normal soon... I quite like the way he responded with Amane in that one early scene, so my hopes aren't completely destroyed.

It's a bit silly for someone such as myself to even bother with eroge, though.