Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Slice of Life Minami-ke

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Dirtbag, February 24, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Meet the Minami sisters, three girls living on their own and doing their best to make it through life's little snags and adventures. Kana, the middle sister, has far more energy than common sense; Chiaki, the youngest, is more reserved, but her sharp tongue and devious mind often cause trouble for others; and Haruka, the eldest, acts like a mother to the other two, is beautiful and kind, but has a fearsome stern streak. Together, no obstacle can stand in their way, be it school, romance, or even cooking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I absolutely love Chiaki. I've made a few of my profiles on other sites Chiaki themed (I usually theme some of my profiles after a character that I'm currently going goo goo ga ga over (profile picture, signature, etc.)) in honour of her awesomeness.

I couldn't get over season 2's animation, though... It was such a weird change. It was both unfitting and just... different, which made it unpleasant.

3. Animation quality never was a problem for me. Whether it be Kiki's Delivery Service, Wall-E or Lilo & Stitch, it's the content that counts. Which, I still have yet to finish season 1 as I just started watching this show, and it is pleasantly hilarious. I'm glad to see a season 4 has been released, and I look forward to catching up with the releases. :D

Edit: Got to season 2, and I see what you mean. I don't mind it past being a tad weird to see a new animation style, so I looked into it, and it's just a different Studio that animated it. Season 1 started out with Doumo, who also worked on Ichigo Mashimaro. Season's 2 and 3 were done by asread. Luckily, season 4 was handed over to Feel, who have done works such as Kanamemo, Kiss x Sis, and Mayo-Chiki.

TL;DR, if you dislike the animation style by studio asread, Minami-ke Tadaima will be done by Studio Feel, so the animation quality will improve.

4. This anime brings back memories. I haven't watched this in so long. My most favorite part of the anime was Chiaki's idiot meter. XD