Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Sci-Fi New Live-Action GitS movie... Has Hollyweird stabbed all Otaku in the back?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Walkurefan45, May 14, 2017.

1. I'm not a fan of the "Live-action Anime" trend. I can remember when studios in L.A. were cranking out horrible, whitewashed, and very AMERICANIZED versions of anime such as Fist of the North Star or Bio-Booster Armor Guyver.

So now, after a pretty long lull, Hollyweird decides to offer its version of Masamune Shirow's immortal classic "Ghost in the Shell". Look, I don't really care how many big-name stars it has in it, or even if the effects are eye-poppingly good. It's still a flop, as far as I'm concerned. Frankly, I'm shocked that Shirow would allow his creation to be so bastardized. I hope he was serious about not letting film companies do a live-action "Appleseed", I'd hate to lose any more respect for him.

I read the reviews, even the viewer reviews. Everyone HATED it. Ghost in the Shell was never meant to be a live-action movie in the first place! Anime should be left alone. Period.

If you saw the movie and hated it, or even if you liked it (WHY would you?), let me know why you liked or hated the movie.

(And I thought Gundam G-Saviour was a golden turd.... Woo!)

• Like Like x 1