Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Discussion in 'Anime Suggestions' started by Crystal, June 16, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Synopsis

Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle (Stardust Witch Merle), which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyousuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! (Love with Little Sister!). Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl anime at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke's room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they "have things to talk about." Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe anime and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.

Alternative Titles

English: OreImo
    Synonyms: My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute
    Japanese: 俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない

Information

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Oct 3, 2010 to Dec 19, 2010
    Producers: Aniplex, Movic, AIC Build, Aniplex of AmericaL, ASCII Media Works, Jumondo
    Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life, Seinen
    Duration: 24 min. per episode
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

I cannot believe i didnt watch this earlier, it has been awhile since i have watched an anime in literally one night (About to watch season 2) I mean the little sister plays eroge/h-games so it was perfect for me ^_^ + a 17 year old boy getting bullied by 14 year old girls is funny as hell

If your into comedy/slice of lifes like
    Boku Wa Todomachi you will like this
    (main heroine trying to make friends)

beware though that the main heroine (the imouto) is "bitchy", but how can you not find stuff like this cute? :-P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great anime indeed. I've been watching this since season 1 started, very fun and playful, always adding a new scenarios that are funny, and deepen the relationship between the main characters. I would put Oreimo at the top of my favorites list, as it never disappoints.

3. The game is great too. As an Oreimo hardcore fan (I've read the novels, played the games, read the manga and watched the anime) I can't get bored of it no matter what. :thumbsup:

4. Id play the game but i dont want to buy it then play w/o any english :X (i know there is an english patch coming but is that for the psp or for an iso for an emulator)
    (any tips on playing it for free though ill appreciate it :-P)

and yah its a great anime :-P
    btw who are your favorite characters?

Mine is Ayase, and if she had more appearences Bridget-Chan, and id say i like all the characters in general even though some can be so annoying.. *cough* Kirino and Kanako but thats what i love about them :-P

5. KURONEKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and her sisters.

6. Isnt Her Route Translated for the psp? :-P
    worst case ive found someone translated a majority of Oreimo psp on youtube so im good :X

7. Just finished watching 14-16 of S2 (Out Now) and...

...I'm quite a bit frustrated. I feel as though there is no way they do a season 3, but I kind of wish they will. Similar to how with the end of Season 1 they did the "True Ending". I'm still not a fan of the incest model that's flowing through this, but part of me feels that they will be revealed as not blood-related or something. Otherwise, Kyousuke ended up with absolutely nothing after everything he gave up for Kirino. I mean you have 4+ girls confess to you and you got nothing out of it. I feel bad for him. This actually ruined my ranking of this show.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I reluctantly finished the season but I can't say I hated it, but the constant use of embarrassing situations drove me bonkers, and I was rather happy when it finish. Now, they have this 14-16 thing, is it worth watching, and if so what is it even about? If it's not part of the story I feel no need to watch these.

9. It's the full ending of the story. Basically picks up right where 13 ends. 13 was a flashback, so it technically picks up after a certain confession. But yes, this closes out the story.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Oreimo is a complete guilty pleasure of mine. It has nothing that I look for in an anime, and it's not particularly "good" according to my own opinion. I would never defend it in conversation, but for some reason, I've rewatched season one of Oreimo more than anything else.

I've yet to watch the OVA that comes after season 2. This thread reminded me to do so.

11. Ending was lame as fu...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I thought you were spewing nonsense before. Now that I actually saw it, myself, I realise that it really was absolute shite.

13. I'm not as crazy as I look.

14. I liked the games, but the anime was really horrible. Is it me or is it Koi Kaze all over again?

15. I refuse to watch this. :poop:

• Agree Agree x 1