Record Of Agarest War Series

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Crystal, September 23, 2012.

1. Record of Agarest War (アガレスト戦記, Agaresuto Senki), known in Europe as Agarest: Generations of War, is a strategy role-playing game for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 video game consoles. The game is a collaboration between Idea Factory, Red Entertainment and Compile Heart. An updated port of the game was released in Japan for the Xbox 360 on November 27th, 2008.
    The story progresses through various points plotted on a map. By visiting each point, the player has to battle the creatures, complete a quest, visit a town or go through a conversation to advance through the storyline and open up more points.
    Fighting plays out like a strategic RPG where each character has his/her own set of moves, but by moving each character to an appropriate square, you can chain characters together and pull off combos. After each round of combat, each character will regenerate AP and accumulate SP points. When enough SP points have been accumulated, characters can unleash special attacks.
    The game includes dating sim elements through its "Soul Breed" system in which the player creates a new character by pursuing a relationship with a female character as the game's storyline extends for five generations, each one having a different male protagonist. For the first four generations the protagonist marries one among three of his female companions and their son becomes the protagonist of the following generation who inherits stats and abilities from his parents.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Games like this exist on Xbox wat

3. well #2 is ps3 exclusive :-P

4. i forgot to post images of what the battle system looks like
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Left (#1) Right (Zero) Bottom (#2)

5. oooo~ I have seen this game I have not tried it yet I still have to finish star ocean ~_~

6. I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT AGAREST WAR DAMMIT (CANNOT GET FRUIT/VIGON/YANSKY TO WATCH IT ARGH!)

if u ever play it it doesnt matter what order u play it in as they all take place in alternate universes but some characters (aka the gods appear in all 3 and are the same)
    my ranking is #2 < #1 < Zero

7. oooh that reminds me of this other game I use to love playing called Unlimited Saga I loved that game.

8. i forgot to mention that the system is the same in all 3 by that i mean the soul breed system its the same thing in all 3 games 3 heroines each generation and by the end you pick your heroine and your son will look alot like your heroine u chose then u and that heroine die :-P (to start the next generation)
    #1 = 5 Generations
    Zero = 2 Generations
    #2 = 3 Generations

9. lol that is crazy

10. not really 1 generation will prob take 20-30 hours @ most (depending on difficulty and if you purchase OP DLC weapons)

i remember in #2 i played it on hard and it was SOOO hard (i CONSTANTLY missed missed missed that i was forced to play it on easy)

11. Guys! Good News!
    This Has Just Been Greenlit By Steam (#1 atleast)

(To Bad I Already Own It On PS3 :\)