Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Spring 2013 Preview & Watch List

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, March 28, 2013.

1. Aww yea, as we wave a sad goodbye to the anime of Winter 2013 we welcome a fresh new set of anime to enjoy and watch. So now that Random Curiosity has posted it's preview, you guys should check out what you should be watching: http://randomc.net/2013/03/28/spring-2013-preview/

Color Legend:
    Must Watch
    Okay, Hoping it gets better...
    Dropped, terrible!

Here is my current list of anime for Spring:
    • Karneval (Wed) - Dropped. It just became a chore to watch and was no longer fun.
    • Hataraku Maou-sama! (Thurs) - First episode was filled with pure awesomness in terms of animation quality, colors, music, etc. This was a pleasure to watch.
    • Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru (Thurs) - I got a feel of Toradora from this. However, I don't think the characters are that diverse or hide their true feelings as well. This could be awesome if it goes deep.
    • Photo Kano (Thurs) - 2nd episode was much better and I'm hoping the third promotes some better intense moments for the characters.
    • Aku no Hana - Dropped. WTF was that? Awful...
    • Date A Live (Fri) - This was a great series. Pumped for Season 2 (Confirmed)
    • Shingeki no Kyojin (Sat) - My goodness was this absolutely amazing, terrifying and heart-wrenching in one action packed first episode. I ABSOLUTELY recommend that you check this out, but I feel it won't be everyone's cup of tea. It's beyond graphic and pretty sad to start.
    • Suisei no Gargantia (Sun) - Lost me at the end. Too preachy and that's all folks.
    • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W (Tues) - Good start, looking to see how much better the 2nd season gets.
    Added new anime to the list:
    • Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (Wed) - Surprised me. This was a much better series than I thought it was going to be. The first episode actually had me emotionally hooked already...which is rare. This was a great way to start.
    • Devil Survivor 2 The Animation (Thurs) - Even though the show seems a bit random it is intense the the demons are cool. It feels like Digimon on steroids.
    • Oreimo (Sat) - Heads up to anyone who wants to watch this series. The ending for the series on CrunchyRoll is NOT the true ending. It's an anime original ending. Watch the "Specials" released in 2011 for the true ending plus additional episodes. Otherwise Season 2 will confuse you.
    • Hayate the Combat Butler: Cuties - I tried to get into this, but I can't. I loved the 2nd season, but this has been sad.
    • HENNEKO (Sat) - Godly hilarious. Oh this anime is going to be a good one. How did this miss my original list?
    • Valvrave the Liberator (Thurs) - This was actually a surprisingly good series. I decided to give it a shot after seeing so many comments about this show. I loved it, awesome space battles, vampire like creatures, blood, fighting and love mixed in. Give it a shot!
    *Note: Still plan on watching HunterxHunter as long as the episodes keep on coming. The series is fantastic and invite everyone to watch it.

I know I'm missing the Railgun series but that's because I didn't watch Season 1. Completely forgot they did a spin-off with Accelerator. I need to watch that so I'll probably be late with it. Either way I'll watch it at some point. So that's my list...what's yours?

2. Nice to see Haiyore! Nyaruko-san season 2. Definitely will see. And I am giggity to see a second season for My sister can't be this cute. I highly recommend the series, and I am really looking forward to this next season.

As for new ones that peeked my interest:

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties
    Sparrow`s Hotel
    Yuyushiki
    Aiura

All comedy/slice of life, the only genre' I thoroughly enjoy.

3. That is not true!

i only reccommend animes that i know people will like
    ask vigon! i rarely upset! :-P (well since i bet date a live is gonna be my favorite anime for 2013 id like everyone to watch it :-P)

and for the Haiyore Nyaruko you should watch the first season before watching 2nd lol

My List
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
    Hataraku Maou-sama!
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru.
    Photo Kano
    Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride
    Date A Live
    Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.

4. Date-A-Live
    Nyaruko-San W

Only two I know of lol, I will probably watch what looks interesting from your lists though :-P

5. Just realized it was a second season. ARGGGG

6. its a pretty good watch for comedy fans
    it has those romance moments but the protag doesnt exactly like the main heroine at the start

they do bond thru out the series though

(the guy is in the girls body and vice versa)
    maybe this can make u watch it :-P

7. Well... I would hurry If I were you :-P Really Worth the watch

8. Tired of watching cutesy/funny shows for a little while. Only really looking forward to:
    • Aku no Hana -- Just started reading the manga about a week ago. Kids blackmailing kids, yadda yadda.
    • Shingeki no Kyojin -- Thought the trailer was fascinating, might be hard to get in to stuff like this but I'll try hard for this.

9. Got it! Crunchyroll has it so I'm watching it there. So far on episode 2. Interesting show with the same ol' story. But they are doing it a little different.

10. P.S.: I think you will love it, trust me....

ADD: If you want, you could watch the short cartoon ones too. They should be on Crunchyroll

11. Updated: Has my initial thoughts on the series I'm watching so far. Was going to blog each one, but I have 0 time or patience for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I planned to start watching this very soon. Added to my MAMMOTH list of anime.

13. My list from green being a must watch and to grey, being meh.
    Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko
    *Shingeki no Kyojin
    Yahari Ore no Seishun
    Oriemo S2
    *Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
    *Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

14. That Grey should be green :(

15. I don't understand how that could be gray in any world.

16. It's not to my liking atm. Can't really get into the story.