Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Summer 2013 Preview & Watch List

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, June 21, 2013.

1. #1 John, June 21, 2013
    Last edited: September 27, 2013
    Summa, Summa, Summa TIME! Aww yea, I can't wait and then I saw the preview and was a bit disappointed. Not the most action packed lineup of anime, but definitely some must watches for me. See for yourself: http://randomc.net/2013/06/20/summer-2013-preview/

Color Legend
    Watching
    Dropped
    Finished

The Anime List
    • Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation
    • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
    • Monogatari Series: Second Season
    • Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi
    • High School D X D NEW
    • Blood Lad
    • Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami Hen
    • Kimi no Iru Machi: I don't want you all to think I dropped this because it was a bad anime. I'll write more of an explanation in this thread.
    • Rozen Maiden
    • Servant x Service
    • Gatchaman CROWDS: Confused for far too long. Just not my type of anime. Beautiful, but just not my type.

2. Tammy's List:

• Hyperdemension Neptunia: (Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation) I am really sad I couldn't play the game since its a ps exclusive (But I might get the ps4), but it seems like the kind of story I would love even though its not a romance one. Also, my skins for lfd2 are based on this game :-)
    • Blood Lad: It's description makes me think there could be some background romance, so I will give it a chance.
    • Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Sounds interesting, a nice mystery is good every now and then for me. + there is a guy and a girl on the cover, so I will just hope for some background romance even though its not one of the genres
    • Rozen Maiden: Cute Loli's on the cover, I am in.

It's a bit small, but hey, I have some games to play to make up for it. As Bor3d Said:

3. I thought about this one, but it's a sequel (I think). I can't tell if this is a new version of the previous series or its own series altogether.

4. Yeah, I haven't watched the previous seasons, but just incase, I am watching them. They are from 2005-2006 though so the art is going to suck. I will tell you if they are any good so you can watch them :-P (I sorta hope its a remake, so I can enjoy the loli artwork)

5. I've been waiting on Blood Lad for so long. My body is ready. :powa:

6. I started watching the first season last night. Up to episode 5 and it's very interesting. Glad I decided to give this a chance. Although the main characters attitude and baggage annoys me.

7. Blood Laaaad *^* I read the first volume of the manga o/

8. I finished most of it. I find it really interesting for some reason.

9. oh, :o i see :-)

Ano, the first episode of Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation is really interesting *_*

10. Danganronpa was alright. The bear was pretty funny, though.

11. Well, I'm enjoying Free and Brothers Conflict this summer. :D Especially BroCon.

12. So I dropped Kimi no Iru Machi. I wanted to write a little more about why so I left it out of my main post and put it here. When I did some research on the anime I found out that the anime for this season actually focuses on an arc in the manga that is way further down in the story. Even the OVA's don't start from the beginning (which is weird to me).

So I took the recommendation from people to read from chapters 1-80 and then watch the anime...but I became so hooked that I'm already on chapter 165. I know, crazy right. The story itself is really good, but frustrating. I have a feeling I'll enjoy the manga so much more than I will the anime. I don't really read many manga aside from Naruto and Bleach. This one has been added and I may start to read more now. At the moment I'm reading it at my job on my tablet lol.

I would recommend that anyone interested in romance anime/manga read this, but be prepared for a lot of emotions. The character growth is awesome in this series and it takes you from high school through college and beyond. I've gone from being confused to angry to sad to laughing until I cried.

So in short...I didn't drop this because it was bad. I dropped it because the manga is just that good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Finally settled into ones I enjoy.

Chronicles of the Going Home Club - Slow paced school comedy. Not much to say other than it's just your average slice of life.

Dog & Scissors - Great comedy with a twisted story. Very fun to watch.

Kami Jigen Game Neptune V - Having never played the games or whatever it is, it's hard to watch but bearable.

Kin-iro Mosaic - Moe as shit.

Love Lab - Hilarious.

Monogatari Series: Second Season - No comment needed.

Tamayura: More Aggressive - Second season to Tamayura, a very touching and warm felt slice of life anime.

Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Koutou-ka C3-Bu - Girls with (plastic) guns. +2

Uchouten Kazoku - A comedy with a rather serious undertone. Very interesting.

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - Teenage angst at its best.

14. The Game is definetly better
    (As a fan of the hyperdimension neptunia games)

but its always nice for us fans to see our favorite goddesses in anime form :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Well, I ended up not being able to wait for the next episode of "Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation" so I am downloading a translated version of the game and an emulator. Here goes my night :thumbsup:

Edit: Well, the emulator keeps crashing during the opening, guess I really do have to wait :-(