Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Yansky, June 10, 2013.

1. Who's excited for summer animes!!! :inlove:. What animes are you guys excited for? Here's my list:
    The World God Only Knows Season 3: Of course ^^

Kimi no Iru Machi (A Town Where You Live): LOVE the manga and excited for the anime version (although personally i think this is better in manga, although that might relate to the fact that i think a purple shade of hair matches Yuzuki more :heart:)

HighSchool DxD S2: im not a big fan of the extreme amount of ecchi but love the story and romance, also just rewatched it (wanted to watch something with demons so why not) so more hyped up now

Ro Kyuu Bu! SS: basketball is actually one of the very VERY few sports i enjoyed playing (others being swimming and badminton although im still horrible at them) and i loved the first season, didnt expect a second season but its a pleasant surprise. Completely forgot before i rewatched this, Hinata is the most overkill moe and adorable character i have ever seen in any anime, game, or manga.

There are probably a lot i dont recognize (due to name being in japanese) or just dont know but this is my list for summer animes:

Additional Announced Animes:

Sora no Otoshimono 3: been waiting for a continuation of this for a while ^^ one of the first animes ive finished (thanks to crystal for the recommendation)

Maken Ki! Two: i felt the story was incomplete to be honest although that might just be me, wanted a new season but completely forgot due to SAO and other great animes, i want to know how the story develops more as a story lover

Infinite Stratos 2: WANT WANT WANT!!! The fourth top anime i want another season of (1st being SAO obviously, 2nd Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai, 3rd belongs to Oda Nobuna no Yabou)

Saki: i didnt include this in the want list because crystal already told me its gonna be continued later this year but seriously guys even though its mahjhong and it might not be your cup of tea give it an ep or two to try it (I didnt even want to try it at first but when crystal finally got me to i fell in love with it, Mahjhong made epic something i have never ever thought would happen - im of chinese descent so i have been surrounded by mahjhong in my earlier years of life)

Dog Days 3: After all the epic and crazy animes its always nice that dog days is there with its usually light comedic story ^^ a nice way just to enjoy a more... fun anime (yeah i guess fun works, might change it if i remember what word i was trying to use here)

Denpa Kyoushi: An awesome and amazing manga, i cant wait for the anime and hey its about the life of an extreme otaku who's a genius and has to deal with teaching students

Nisekoi: As a romance/comedy story it holds probably third place (i say probably because its hard to rank everything in this category this suddenly, 1st being Kaichou wa maid sama, 2nd being Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru) and is the manga im most looking forward to being recreated in anime form (definitely think this would be much more exciting and awesome in anime form than manga, too bad its not releasing in summer).

So out of all the upcoming summer animes (and other maybe 2013 animes) what do you guys look forward to?
    EDIT: http://www.animeph.com/summer-2013-new-anime-season-preview-list this is the site i used, not too sure on accuracy but nonetheless ^^ doki doki

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm looking forward to Free! :inlove: The swimming anime with a lot of hot guys! :inlove: Summer is really the best season for new anime. Summer break might be a season for romance for most of my friends, well it is for me. Fall in love with the new anime! :peace:

3. I look forward to these anime:

Tamayura -More Aggressive-
    Monogatari S2
    Recorder to Randoseru Mi
    Kin-iro Mosaic
    Love Lab
    Teekyuu
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
    Neptune The Animation
    Genshiken Nidaime

4. wasnt Teekyuu that really short eps about some kind of tennis thing? i think i watched the first ep but i dont really like the short animes, too little story in them

5. Ya, Recorder is the same, but I don't mind to much. At first I really hated it. Those shorts have some great story settings/character combinations, but they put so little thought into how they roll out it's just stupid. I do enjoy watching them for a good laugh though. Some of them, like Teekyuu, Aiura, Sparrows Hotel or Ai Mai Mii are complete retardation at its finest. They might not give a great story but sometimes they can really give you the chuckles.

6. Yeah thats true but most of the time im not looking for laughs... only time i really have been was when i was completely depressed after angel beats :'-(

7. A lot of the anime you listed isn't coming in the Summer Yansky lol. IS2 isn't until the Fall. Also they are doing a second season of Freezing in the fall! I am so excited. So far here are my summer and Fall animes:

*Note: There is a lot of anime scheduled for this year that are TBD.

TBD Anime:
    • Sora no Otoshimono 3 (OMG FINALLY)
    • Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu
    • Little Busters! Refrain
    • Strike the Blood
    • Maken-Ki 2
    Summer:
    • Blood Lad (Maybe)
    • Love Lab
    • Makai Ouji
    • Danganronpa
    • The World God Only Knows 3