Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Summer Anime Preview & Watch List 2015

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, June 27, 2015.

1. #1 John, June 27, 2015
    Last edited: October 11, 2015
    You gotta love the summertime, right? Warm weather, beaches, road trips and best of all...new anime! The Summer Anime Preview for 2015 is out from the folks over at Random Curiosity and it's time to pick our anime watch lists. I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited for this watch list, some good things seem to be happening!

Color Legend
    • Must Watch
    • Solid
    • On the Fence
    • Dropped
    Anime Watch List
    • Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Completed - Hilarious story, super inappropriate but really fun to watch. I enjoyed the show for what it was, a break from sanity. 4/5 Stars
    • Charlotte: Completed - This was a surprise hit for me. An emotional roller-coaster that should be shared by all. If you love drama, action and a little romance, watch this. 4/5 Stars
    • Rokka no Yuusha: Completed - This was a good show to fill time with. I enjoyed the overall plot and the music was pretty enjoyable as well. Decent animation. 3.5/5 Stars
    • Dragon Ball Super: Continued Next Season...
    • God Eater: Continued Next Season...
    • To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd: Completed - Apparently this is done...I'm not sure how that's possible based off the last episode, but hopefully the next season will expand more on this. 3/5 Stars
    • Jitsu wa Watashi wa: Completed - Another great anime for the season that was more than I expected. I also love romcom's, but this was really fun and interesting to watch. 4/5 Stars
    • Ushio to Tora: Continued Next Season...
    • Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri: Completed - This was an awesome sleeper for me. Amazing animation, great story, characters were great and the music superb. 5/5 Stars
    Leftovers
    • World Trigger: Continued Next Season...
    • Shokugeki no Souma: Completed - By far the crown jewel of last season. Of course the series ran into Summer so I wasn't able to review it then, but I have no words. Easily top 10 anime all-time for me. 5/5 Stars
    Dropped
    • Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace: Wasn't a fan of this and I had no interest in watching Episode 2.
    • Gakkou Gurashi!: Just wasn't a fan of the characters to be honest.
    • Gangsta.: It was actually pretty hard for me to follow. Looked great, cool action scenes, couldn't get into the plot.
    That's all I got for you folks. It seems like a lot but it really isn't. I was hoping for a little more from the summer season, but hopefully we will have some good surprises mixed in here. So...what's on your watch list?

2. #2 lordrice, June 28, 2015
    Last edited: July 15, 2015
    Gangsta. is on my watch list, the animation looks crisp and I'm a sucker for the serious action type animes.
    Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - Synopsis is interesting, might make for a good RomCom.
    Rokka no Yuusha

3. #3 Crystal, July 13, 2015
    Last edited: July 13, 2015
    Lack of Himouto Umaru-Chan is real from both those lists lol (will make a post sooner or later just to lazy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Akane, August 13, 2015
    Last edited: August 18, 2015
    Gangsta
    Charlotte

Rokka no Yuusha
    God Eater
    Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Season
    Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
    - Reading the Manga
    Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!
    Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
    Prison School
    Overlord

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
    Joukamachi no Dandelion
    Gakkougurashi!
    Classroom☆Crisis
    Shokugeki no Souma
    - Reading the Manga
    Himouto Umaru-Chan

5. So Far only watching (or keeping up to date with)

Must Watch (Imo its blasphemy for anyone to NOT watch these two xD)
    Gakkou Gurashi - Best anime by far this season
    Himouto Umaru-chan - contender to be another best anime this season maybe

Waiting To Finish Or Occasional Watches (Will 100% Watch When It Finishes Tho)
    Chaos Dragon
    Shokugeki No Souma

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
    Joukamachi no Dandelion
    Charlotte

Rokka no Yuusha
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Season
    Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri