Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Winter 2014 Anime Preview & Watch List

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, December 27, 2013.

1. #1 John, December 27, 2013
    Last edited: April 3, 2014
    YES, it's out. Random Curiosity has hooked us up with another preview list for our enjoyment. I've been excited for this season since I've seen the early list and I have to say the final list is even more impressive. On top of that, many Fall 2013 anime will be continuing into the winter season. So let's take a look at this preview list from RC and I'll share my highlights: http://randomc.net/2013/12/26/winter-2014-preview/
    Color Legend:
    Must Watch
    Good Filler

My Anime Watch List
    • Space Dandy (Sun): Episodes Watched: 12/13
    • Noragami: Completed - I'm going to vote this as surprise anime of the season for me. Fantastic and a must watch.
    • Nobunaga the Fool: Continuing to Spring 2014
    • Seitokai Yakuindomo: Completed - Crazy until the very end, what else could one expect. This is always a must-watch.
    • Witch Craft Works: Completed - Came into this one with high expectations and was not disappointed. Really enjoyed it.
    • Buddy Complex: Completed - This was a really great series that I took a flyer on. I really liked it and highly recommend it. S2 seems likely.
    • Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: Completed - A tremendous love story filled with action, comedy, drama and of course romance. Watch it.
    • D-Frag!: Completed - Just a weird series overall, but one I enjoyed. It made little sense.
    • Maken-ki! 2: Completed - Disappointing...nothing but fan service.
    • Mahou Sensou: Completed - This ended in the most non-nonsensical way possible. Killed the vibe, S2 has to come.
    • Nourin: Completed - Didn't really care for the ending, felt rushed and odd.
    • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 2: Completed - Another season and another hit. S3 is a must, I don't care how long it takes!
    • Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga: Completed - This was much better than I expected. Started off ecchi and ended pretty moving.
    • Nisekoi: Continuing to Spring 2014
    • Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda: Completed - A crazy anime that made a little bit of sense. I really enjoyed watching it, so watch it.
    Returning Anime
    • Magi Season 2: Completed - As always this was excellent. Great action, moving and fun. A must watch.
    • Tokyo Ravens: Completed - Sometimes confusing, but pretty good animation and a solid story. I'd recommend it if you have the time.
    • Hunter x Hunter: Continuing to Spring 2014
    • Nagi no Asukara: Completed - One of the most beautiful anime I've seen in a long time. Absolutely amazing story.
    • Golden Time: Completed - This is now in my list of top 10 anime of all time. Watch it!
    • Kill la Kill: Completed - Just amazingly good fun. It was so out of the box and I loved every second of it.
    • Strike the Blood:Completed - This was a pretty decent series with ecchi mixed in...okay a lot of echhi. It's a good watch if you're into harem.
    • Log Horizon: Completed - Started slow, but finished strong. S2 looks likely. Recommended.
    I really like quite a few anime from this season but most are just throw-in's. I think this will be a solid yet odd season for me.

So many good anime from last anime are returning. My winter will be cold, but filled with anime joy. Anyone else have a good list planned out?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Saki 2nd Season is on my list this next Sunday.

3. Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. - Seems like it will be pretty funny.
    Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta - Its a drama, but I'll give it a shot.
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 2 - Still have to watch season 1.
    Mahou Sensou - It doesn't say romance, but imma be expecting it.
    Nourin - Sounds interesting.
    Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ - caught my eye
    Maken-ki! 2 - "Battle-Fanservice Anime" = I'm in!

Still no Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance :'-(

4. Ill be more happy for a Fortissimo anime :X

My List (Very Small)
    Saki 2nd Season
    Super Sonico The Animation
    Nourin

5. I was surprised your list is so short. I think it will grow as well. So far everything has been pretty solid!

6. It probobly will overtime as animes come out on Simulcast Crunchyroll and i need something to watch at night lol
    overall im loving all the animes on my list :X

EDIT: minus Nourin as that isnt out yet

7. #8 Crystal, January 10, 2014
    Last edited: January 10, 2014
    Added To List (Must Watch)
    Mahou Sensou (same reason with Z/X ignition)
    Sakura Trick (Yuri = count me in)
    Z/X Ignition (i like the action + character designs)

Added To Rewatch (Decided To Watch Once It Got A Few Eps in)
    Nagi No Asukara (Man i regret taking a break on this as this is getting really good - 14 eps and man that timeskip) (so many possible pairings :X)

8. I just watched All of season 1 off Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! And I enjoy it a lot. Season 2 is great so far as well. :thumbsup:

9. Nisekoi, Super Sonico, Killa la Kill, Log Horizon, Sakura Trick and Chuunibyou:poop:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update:
    Add Nisekoi To Watch List

Who Rooting for who?
    My vote goes to Kosaki lol

11. I just...can't decide :(

12. Harem route anyone?