Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Winter 2017 Anime Preview & Watch List

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, December 27, 2016.

1. #1 John, December 27, 2016
    Last edited: April 2, 2017
    I feel like 2016 sucked in a lot of ways for me, but I also have some awesome things to look forward to in 2017. With the New Year upon us, we're not ready for some WINter Anime. (See what I did there?) Well anyway, If you want to check out what's coming out, head over to Random Curiosity and browse their Winter 2017 Preview. Now let's take a look at some of the anime's I'm hoping will warm me up this cold ass season:

Color Legend:
    • Must Watch
    • Solid
    • On the Fence
    • Dropped
    Anime Watch List:
    • ēlDLIVE (Completed): Honestly, it wasn't all that great. Just enough to stick through a season. Very cliched, annoying MC and fairly anti-climatic ending.
    • Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season: Continued in the Spring...
    • ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka (Completed): Exceeded my wildest expectations, but if you want action it's not for you.
    • Akiba's Trip The Animation: Didn't really like it at all. It was a little too weird and stupid.
    • Masamune-kun no Revenge (Completed): A really good series, but it felt a little rushed. Especially at the end. Hoping for Season 2.
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (Completed): Great series as always, highly recommended.
    • Seiren (Completed): This was OK, out of the three I think the 1st one was the best storyline.
    • Youjo Senki (Completed): I upgraded this to a must-watch at the end because of how it all played out. Nothing like I imagined, but a fun ride til the end.
    • Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen (Completed): This was great after so long, but I just wish it was longer. I felt like 24 episodes would have been great for this series.
    • Rewrite: Moon and Terra: I really thought they would make the last season easier to understand...I thought wrong.
    Returning Anime:
    • Dragon Ball Super: Continued in the Spring...
    • Sousei no Onmyouji (Completed): This was actually really good and picked up in the 2nd half really. A lot darker than I thought it was going to get, but the animation was way too inconsistent.
    So, this is a pretty full list for the Winter and I'm really excited. There are some no-doubt amazing shows on this list, some interesting concepts and some shots in the dark. Some will excite, some will lack, but all will get a chance (three episodes max). I hope you all are having a Happy Holiday season and enjoy what's to come in the New Year!

2. Nice list!!! :D

Am currently have watched Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2, awesome series and funny but being hearing that it's going to getting a budget cut or something along those lines sadly ;-;.
    Also watching Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen which am keeping tabs on when a new episode comes out.
    Also watching Masamune-kun no Revenge, pretty good harem/romance/comedy. Going pretty good, but getting mixed reviews from comments saying the manga was bad and good so don't know really want to say.
    Also one that can go back and fourth is Chaos;Child Which is supposedly 6 years after the events of Chaos;Head. Might wanna watch Chaos;Head first to get the jest if what's happening since the story won't make since if you just watch it.
    Might check out the other you posted that also seem interesting. Thanks for the review

3. #3 Akane, January 25, 2017
    Last edited: January 27, 2017
    • Masamune-kun no Revenge - (Comedy, Harem, Romance, School, Shounen)
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - ( Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural)
    • Youjo Senki - (Magic, Military)
    • Seiren - (School, Romance)
    • Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season - (Action,Adventure, Fantasy)
    • Akiba's Trip The Animation - (Action, Adventure, Ecchi, Supernatural)
    • Urara Meirochou - (Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Seinen, Slice of Life)
    • Kuzu no Honkai - (Drama, Romance, School, Seinen)
    • Hand Shakers - (Action)
    • Little Witch Academia - (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, School)
    Returning Anime:
    • Sousei no Onmyouji - (Action, Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural)
    • Dragon Ball Super - (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Martial Arts, Shounen, Super Power)
    • All Out!! - (School, Seinen, Sports)
    spring season hype

4. Thank you so much John and Akane! :D :D :D

5. I really want to watch most of them but I hate waiting every week so I'm being patient until they are all over

6. haha me too =)

I'm especially excited for ao no exorcist =D

• Agree Agree x 1