Dismiss Notice
Please be aware that this section may contain spoilers. If you're discussing something here that may be a spoiler, please use the [SPOILER] tag!

Winter Anime Preview & Watch List 2015

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by John, December 24, 2014.

1. #1 John, December 24, 2014
    Last edited: March 30, 2015
    It's Christmas Eve! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with your loved ones. And if you're not, I hope you find something to make you smile these next few days. What could it be? Well, how about the Winter 2015 Anime Preview?! If you're not smiling after this one then you're quite possibly a robot and might want to go to the nearest doctor or psychologist. Nevermind all of that, how about we take a look at what Random Curiosity has posted this time around and setup our watch list! Check it out: http://randomc.net/2014/12/23/winter-2015-preview/

Color Legend:
    • Must Watch
    • Solid
    • On the Fence
    • Dropped
    My Anime Watch List:
    Click on the anime name if it's been completed to see a write-up on that series.
    • Tokyo Ghoul vA: Completed
    • Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season: Completed
    • Juuou Mujin no Fafnir: Completed
    • Absolute Duo: Completed
    • Seiken Tsukai no World Break: Completed
    • Tsukimonogatari: Moving to next season...forgot about this lol.
    • Shinmai Maou no Testament: Completed
    • Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: Completed
    • Assassination Classroom: Moving to next season...
    • Death Parade: Completed
    • Isuca: Completed
    Returning Anime:
    • World Trigger: Moving to next season...
    • Nanatsu no Taizai: Completed
    • Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu: Completed
    • Log Horizon 2nd Season: Completed
    • Garo: Honoo no Kokuin: Completed
    So this season has a much shorter list, but that works for me. I'm actually excited for some of the shows here and hoping that a few new faces do not disappoint. So, what's on your watch list for Winter 2015?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Crystal, December 25, 2014
    Last edited: January 19, 2015
    Must Watch: (will 100% finish)
    Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
    Kantai Collection -KanColle-
    DOG DAYS”

Seiken Tsukai no World Break
    Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
    Shinmai Maou no Testament
    Absolute Duo

Sengoku Musou
    Gourmet Girl Graffiti

Will Watch: (might drop or get to lazy to finish)
    Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD
    Yuri Kuma Arashi
    Military!
    ISUCA

Maybe: (debating on watching)

Edit: Will Add notes on why im watching later when im not feeling lazy
    Edit 2: will more then likely edit this post when animes start to air and swap them to must watch or drop etc
    Edit 3:
    Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
    Absolute Duo

all Added to Must Watch on 1/12/5
    Edit 4:
    Sengoku Musou
    Gourmet Girl Graffiti
    Both added to must watch on 1/25/5

3. I am so hyped for Kuroko No Basket Season 3

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Akane, December 31, 2014
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
    Tsukimonogatari
    Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season
    Absolute Duo
    Kantai Collection: Kan Colle
    Seikei Tsukai no World Break
    Shinmani Maou no Keiyakusha
    Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
    Saeni Heroine no Sodate-kata
    Isuca
    Log Horizon
    Koufuku Graffiti
    Death Parade

5. #5 Crystal, January 2, 2015
    Last edited: January 2, 2015
    I thought that ended :O
    EDIT: oh wait i misread that for Seirei Tsukai No Blade Dance.... nvm lols

6. I'm so excited! Tokyo Ghoul is about to start! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You guys should really watch Death Parade. The first episode was absolutely amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have that one queued up to start watching tonight.

9. Isuca wasnt what I was expecting, might drop it idk, anyway heres my list:
    Akatsuki no Yona (continuation from last season)
    Saenai Heroine no Sadate-kata
    Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
    Absolute Duo
    Isuca
    (maybe)
    This years winter animes dont look outstanding for me, but still enjoying. Im more hyped for this springs animes when they come out. High School DxD BorN, Grisaia are the top ones for me to watch this spring.

10. I am sooooo with you on DxD and Grisaia. DxD is my all time favorite

11. ok, Akatsuki no Yona turned out to be really good, (an anime that continued from fall) It had 20 episodes in as of now and going strong. The first few episodes of this anime were choppy i would say, due to the story could have gone for the worse, but it evened into a steadily progressing anime with great storyline, detailed character designs, and the soundtrack, like OMG so good! The soundtracks are mostly instrumental and with beautiful traditional japanese music. It flows so perfectly in which the anime it is in. I would recommend watching this if your into Feudal Japan and shogun. It does have romance in this also.

12. So far:
    Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - One of the absolute best animes i have ever watched. If you're into gore, supernatural and mystery this one is definitely for you. 9.5/10
    Tokyo Ghoul vA - So far it's been alright, Season 1 was better though, we will see if my opinion changes within the last 4 episodes. 7/10
    Isuca - It's got a fun concept and is overall enjoyable, the censoring bothers me though. If you want a supernatural ecchi romance with some action this one is a decent 6.5/10
    Absolute Duo - Absolutely (haha) love it. The concept is amazing, i love the animations, the story doesn't progress to fast and it keeps you interested! The music is also wonderful! Love the OP! 8.5/10
    Seikein Tsukai No World Break - Me being a giant fan of Harem animes, along with action, have found yet another one to add to the book of awesomeness. Easy 9/10 for me. Just wish the animation was better.
    I have more but that's all for now! Cya soon! :-)

13. Alot of these anime are already on my list so I will just add some I haven't got yet.

14. I haven't done this before, but I'll be doing write-ups for each anime I've watched and has ended this season. :-)

Absolute Duo
    This anime was sort of an addon to the season filled with a bunch to watch. The story never goes into the origin or purpose of what a "blaze" is or why they have to partner with others to get stronger. Most of the questions you gather as you watch this anime remain throughout the series. You do not particularly fall in love or hate any real characters in this anime, simply because there is not enough backstory to gain an impression either way. In the end this anime isn't really anything special, it's just there. The animation quality is pretty blah, but I did like the music used throughout the anime. This series needs another season or two to explain more about what happened to these characters. Maybe a prequel, but I'm sure they expect you to simply read the manga and go from there. Not me though, sorry :-P.

Recommendation: Watch it if you have the time, otherwise ignore.
    Rating: 4.5 out of 10

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hmmmm, you make me want todo my own write-ups now lol. I like this review, I had higher expectations for Absolute Duo, but they failed to deliver. the animation was one of the worst aspects of this anime. It felt very slow for an action type anime, never felt epic.

16. Twas poop. I almost gave up at episode 10, but figured I had come too far lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. While i will agree that it does need to get another season or 2 to explain more, i still felt that the anime was overall very interesting, those questions you speak of are what keep you interested. :p I liked the concept of a Blaze and how having a Duo is what makes them truly stronger and such. It was a unique anime in that way and i think it was executed fairly well. ^_^

18. #20 Fruit, March 26, 2015
    Last edited: March 26, 2015
    Im really loving Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, I feel like every otaku should watch this lol. I love how they stuck a visualization of what it would be like if you were viewing an Otaku's life in an anime. I like all the references to other animations and novels I saw in his room. I really enjoy this anime. Katoooooooooooooo!! Shes so amazingggg! o.o.

OH and one more thing... look at this if you guys noticed this before... (Left is Grisaia Michiru)(Right is Eriri from Saenai)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    If you noticed in the animes, they look almost alike just drawn differently lol, and they both have a tsundere attitude, Michiru has more than Eriri tho